Friday, August 28, 2009

Facebook

Before I go to Exploration 9 I thought I would share my thoughts about Facebook. My daughter in law invited me to be her friend on Facebook several months ago I began my experience with Facebook. At first I used it to see what she was doing or what she was thinking. Then someone else found out that I had a Facebook account and I became their friend and friends of some of their friends (and now even her mother). So here I am with 67 friends (some of my friends have many hundreds- whew!). I have been discovered by former neighbors, former students and many others. One person who shares my last name asked me to be her friend but I had no idea who she is so I declined.
A day doesn't go by that I don't check in on my friends. Some post often and some never do. I post once in a while when I really want to share and I am more likely to comment on someone elses post. I have even posted a picture from my iphone (how techno-smart I felt then).
I am still learning the ins and outs of Facebook and I am enjoying the adventure. I thank my daughter in law for inviting me into her world (and now the world of her sister, mother, father and sister in law) and giving me the opportunity to be able experience the joy of Facebook. How else could I have seen my granddaughter on her first day of middle school only minutes after she left the house. What a great communication tool it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment